Saturday, April 28, 2018

Shoe Blessings





Shoe Blessings  by Kathleen Moore
Sipping on my coffee, I hear the trash truck coming down the street.  
Oh great, the trash is out but I didn’t put the old ham bone that was in the freezer in there and I don’t want it to wait until next week.
Barefoot, I traverse the steps to find something to throw on my feet.  I blindly shuffle under the bed and pull out a shoe, then a slipper, then a sneaker.
Wonderful, now I’ve missed the trashmen.  The old ham bone has to sit there another week.
Shaking off my temporary bad mood caused by this, I start to count my blessings
Dress shoe-  A shoe worn to parties and special occasions.  This pair of shoes was the gift from a sister-in-law and fit perfectly.  I am not one to wear heels anymore and this shoe is comfortable and yet classy.
Slipper-  A gift from my son at Christmas, they are warm and cozy.  My feet linger in them on cold winter nights.
Sneaker- Bought at Walmart because they have open backs.  They are a casual pair for wearing during yard work or to run errands
The other one to each of these is lurking under the bed, just a few inches away from where I pull these first three from.  I find my mind wandering.  
Aren’t I lucky to have such choices in a world where some people have no shoes?
Counting my blessing helps me to see the beauty in everyday life.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    rajasthani juttis

    ReplyDelete