Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ushering in a New Year 12-31



I saw this idea of starting a blessing jar and I think I will be starting one for this year as a reminder as to how many nice things happen during the year.

On December 31, when I sat in front of the Post Office for two hours when my car wouldn't start,
I started grumbling to myself because I had good intentions to start my errands early and be productive.
Later that day when I had time to digest what happened, I started to count my blessings:

 I was blessed to be able to use their phone (I forgot mine)
I was blessed someone picked up my home phone and didn't think I was a telemarketer calling
I was blessed that it wasn't too cold out
I was blessed that I didn't need a new battery, it just wasn't making the connection
I was blessed that I could continue on my journey and didn't miss the last day of the ShopRite sales




I think it will be fun at the end of the year to look back at my blessing basket  and maybe discover that even in some of our sour moments, life is providing us many blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment