Wednesday, March 15, 2017

February Continuation (The theme of Water)

It seemed that many of my distractions that I had to look at through a better lens revolved around the conversion from well water to public water.  I felt this deserved its own post.  Here is something I wrote poetically.  I shared it with the writing group I belong to.

House Water
 Ebb and Flow
Kathleen Moore

Blessing Basket 

2017  (February)



With preparations underway for the conversion from well water to township water, I dreamed of the next storm causing an electrical outage and smiled with the knowledge that I no longer would need to store jugs of water in the garage for task such as toilet flushing.

  • Estimates for work ✓
  • Permits obtained ✓
  • Money saved   ✓

One evening, I heard a holler from the bathroom

Mom, did you just run the dishwasher?
No
There’s no hot water


  • Plumber Called  ✓
  • Part replaced  ✓
  • Put away the pots for heating water  ✓

A few days later, digging, drilling, banging and clanging,  I dreamed of the water flowing through my pipes and smile with the knowledge that  I would no longer have to schedule my household tasks around  the water pressure

One evening, I received a text at work

Mom, did you hear leaking under the hall closet?
No
I had to use the shut off valve and turn off the water


  • Call into the plumber  ✓
  • Text the boss to say I'll be in late  ✓
  • Get the water buckets back out of the garage  ✓

The next morning, digging drilling banging and clanging, I dreamed of a warm shower and smiled with the knowledge that I was not one of the ladies I saw during a Super Bowl Commercial walking miles with buckets for clean water.

The following morning, I heard singing coming from the shower

Mom, Isn’t this great to have hot water?
Yes
I’ll get rid of the buckets in the garage today


  • Take my shower ✓
  • Be Grateful for my blessings✓
  • Say a prayer for those less fortunate✓





5 comments:

  1. LOl, what an ordeal! Well water is no fun anymore. Clever and cute Kathy. Good description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is well water cheaper or city water ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. With well water, you don't have a water bill. Unfortunately, each time the electric goes out, so does your pump. No electric = no flushing toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, well water pressure is not as high (psi) as city water.
    If you have electric out for too long, the pump (which is under the crawl space in the house) has to be primed.

    ReplyDelete