Monday, February 13, 2017

Mid Feb Blessing

One of the best decisions that I have made was signing up a few years ago for a creative writing class at the library.  When I did this, I never would have imagined the world that it opened up for me.  Our wonderful instructor, Eva Feeley, was not only informative but genuinely interested in people's stories inside and outside of class.

Eva opens up her home for the past year on Thursday evenings for a group to share the peaceful experience of group mediation.  Each week we talk about ways to make room in our lives for peace and we pray for others, as well.

Eva was kind enough to share her poem for my blessings basket blog:


WANT NOT    By EVA FEELEY

If wanting was a concept
I could unlearn 

the cataracts of greed
would fall from my eyes

to reveal the diamonds that float in
on the tide of each moment

and surround me like
the foam of a breaking wave,

there to capture in the cup of my hand
before they recede into the deeps
of unrecognized blessings.

Eva Feeley    
https://www.facebook.com/Eva-Feeley-Creative-Writing-Services-242384769131799/



I am blessed to have a friend in Eva.  Someone who has so much wisdom to share in her words and deeds. 


2 comments:

  1. very nice, I love that last line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem, Eva! The diamonds in each moment are better than the real thing. I'm sure that many a young woman has chosen a life of misery thanks to the belief that "diamonds are a girl's best friend." Just sayin'... Maria

    ReplyDelete