Friday, February 3, 2017

January Blessing (sampling)

Thirty- One  Days of Counting Blessings


Some beautiful moments that would have normally went by unnoticed were:

On the day that I spoke about my blessings basket at meditation, a woman thanked me and told me that was Just what her daughter needed.

I had a conversation with somewhere and they said something  that confirmed a hurt that I sort of knew about.  I have been working on forgiveness issues revolving around this person that I see intermittently at my seasonal job.   Obviously, from the feelings I had after this conversation, I see that more work is to be done and I haven't really achieved forgiveness.......just sort of an acceptance. I will take this as a challenge to continue to work in this area......a blessing

Yummy hamburgers on Monday night with Co-workers

The ability to come home during lunch times

Memories of being there during my father's final hours and thankful that I had the opportunity three years ago to be there.  

Snowy day that I can be home on
 (glad it wasn't my Saturday to work)

Making Clam Chowder

Substituting   for 1st grade cherubs

Tom  taking assignment in Virginia to provide continued healthcare coverage

Watching my nephew make the time to  bring his elderly grandfather (his mother's father) to visit his grandmother (his father's mother)

Coming home to supper made by Sheri when I got in from work

Something fell into washer, made a big mess while I was rushing to do laundry.  Ron finished cleaning it out for me.

Buck a bag sale at the Acme

Baby therapy instead of bunny therapy at work this week 
 (Someone usually brings in their bunny for us to pet, this week they brought in the grandbaby)


2 comments:

  1. Our pastor at Our Lady of the Angels Church gifted each of the parishioners a book called "Resisting Happiness". the other day I read this line: "Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle and carrying a heavy load." That's no excuse for mistreatment of others but it can help with the forgiveness part of it.

    ReplyDelete